• Button_covid_19_yellow-01.png
  • Businesses in Alphabetical Order

    American Implement: Restricted Access

    •  Effective, Monday, March 30th we will be temporarily restricting access to our buildings.
      We will be open! We are still here to take care of your agriculture needs. We will operate this way temporarily and reevaluate on an ongoing basis.
    • Being open with restricted access means:
      Curbside Parts Pickup (order online 24/7 or call ahead)
      Service – schedule over the phone or online
      Sales and Precision Ag – ready to support you digitally – contact your local location if you need a direct number.

      Learn more 👉🏼 https://bit.ly/2UsP1CQ


    Casey's: Open 620.872.2138

    • Carry Out & Delivery of Subs, Salads, & Pizza 
    • Website


    City of Scott City/City Hall: Closed 

    • Business as Usual with all business communications conducted via:
      • Phone: 620.872.5322
      • Email: scottcty@pld.com
      • Mail: 221 W. 5th Street, Scott City, KS 67871


    Dairy Queen: Open 

    • Drive Thru
    • Mobile app available; order online and p/u in one of the parking stalls.


    Daylight Donuts: Closed

    Dec Mart Furniture: Open 

    • Business as usual;  please call 620.874.0415


    El Dos De Oros: Carry Out Only 620.872.5204

    • Carry Out ONLY


    Faurot Electric: Open; Business as usual

    •  please call 620.872.5344 


    Gifts Etc: Closed, but offering alternatives

    • We are offering: 
    1. Shopping via phone, text, or email -- 620.214.3171 -- mail@giftsetcks.com -- www.giftsetcks.com
    2. Scheduled FaceTime and/or private shopping appointments
    3. Curbside Delivery
    4. In-town Delivery (as always)
    5. Shipping


    Hope's Closet:

    • Closed until further notice.


    J & R Car and Truck Center: 

    • J & R Car and Truck Center Dealership is an essential business so we are open for sales .. parts or service. 208 West 5th Street in Scott City KS. Please call us at 620-872-2103 or check us out at www.jrcarandtruck.com.


    Jackson Legal Group: Open, but please call before coming by 620.874.9844

    • Would prefer to do as much business electronically as possible. Email: ben@jacksonlegalgroup.net; Fax: 307.369.1781


    KLA Environmental Services: Lobby Closed  620.872.2300

    • We continue to have staff working whether it be from home or in office.  Our lobby is closed at this time, however we are taking calls and continuing to work.  Hours are as usual Mon-Fri 8-5.  Thanks.


    La Fiesta: Open 620.872.2777

    • Carry Out/To-Go Orders ONLY


    Lane-Scott Electric Coop: Lobby Closed

    • Lane-Scott Electric's office lobbies and retail store are now open for business as usual! If you need assistance or would like to pay your bill in person, please stop by to see us
    • Visit our website at https://www.lanescott.coop/content/lsecs-covid-19-response for more information about Lane-Scott's response to the coronavirus.


    Midwest Energy: Walk-In Office Closed 1.800.222.3121

    • Phones are still staffed M-F 8-5
    • Online services 24/7 -- www.mwenergy.com


    MTM Siding & Glass

    • Business as usual


    Percival Packing: Open, Business as usual  620.872.7199

    • Business as usual


    Perfect Auto Detailing: Open by appointment -- 620.214.3807

    • Detailing, Sales & Tinting available


    Pizza Hut: Open 620.872.5301


    PlainJan's Rentals: Closed

    • Plain Jans in temporarily closed. Please call 872-5777 or if this is a rental emergency call 874-8889. Please leave rent in the black drop box and we will mail you a receipt.


    Prairie Winds: A Wellness Spa: Closed at this time

    • Taking skincare orders & delivering or drop shipping directly. 
    • Just call 620.214.9193 for orders!  


    Pro Health Chiropractic: Open 620.872.2310, call for appts. www.prohealthks.com

    •  Scott City Chiropractic is proud to care for our community during an extremely stressful period of time. We are open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays all day and Thursday mornings. Please call 872-2310 for appointments. Assure before scheduling that you have not had or been exposed to anyone who has had a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing for at least 7 days. Stay well Scott City!


    Richards Financial Services: Office Closed, but doing business by phone 620.872.5949

    • Employees are working from home for at least the next 2 weeks & are available by phone.


    Scott County Court House: Open, with restrictions--please call ahead 620.872.2640

    • The south entrance of the courthouse will be the only access point.


    Scott County Extension Office: Closed

    • Agents can be reached by email or cell. Booking or questions about the buildings can be handled through Kay.
    • Carol Ann , ccrouch@ksu. Edu. 620-272-1263
    • Kay Harkness, kayh@ksu.edu. 620-214-3224


    Scott County Food Service:

    • FREE for ages 1-18 grab n go lunch and breakfast which includes milk 10:45---12:30, Monday-Friday. 704 S. College--turn on 7th street at BOE building--west end of Elementary playground. Kids must be present in order to receive meals.


    Scott County Library: Closed

    • We are needing all library items that you have out dropped in one of the drop boxes AS SOON AS POSSIBLE in preparation for reopening. Tentatively we will open with Curbside service ONLY, June 2nd with limited hours 10-2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays following recommended guidelines. All plans are subject to change.
      You may go online or call us beginning May 18th to reserve your books for pickup on June 2nd. Thank you for your support and continued patience with us!!!


    Scott County Recycling Center: Closed UFN

    • The Landfill will be accepting recycling while the Center is closed.
    • We are also asking the you just throw away recycling till this is over.
    • Recycling will be closed till late April as of now.


    Security State Bank: Lobby & Drive Up Window are open  620.872.7224

    • Please do as much business as you can electronically or by drive thru.
    • Drive Up Window will be closed on Saturdays until further notice.
    • Drive Up Window will be open M-Th 7:45 - 5:15 & Fri 7:45 - 6:00.


    Sonic: Open till 8 pm

    • Drive Thru, Stalls & Carry Out 


    Suzy B's Flowers & More: Doors locked, but please call 620.872.5336 or 620.874.1343

    • Our front door is locked, but we would be glad to take your call!
    • We are available for delivery & will contact the customer in advance. Flowers are so important to brighten someone's day right now! 
    • We are working 9:30 - 5:00 


    Tate's: Open

    • All social distancing requirements are being followed as well as all cleaning and CDC mandates are being met. We understand the concern about leaving your homes for any reason other than an emergency. So our options have continued to be the same. We have the following options available:

      1. Curbside pickups are available so you don’t have to leave your car.

      2. Delivery to your home or business from 11:00am-8:00pm (inside city limits of Scott City) $3.00 charge for delivery 😊

      3. Call in a togo order and pick up at our “clean” front counter.

      4. Small or large family meals available for purchase.

      5. We have been offering pan portions of 10 of the following. Meatloaf for 24.99, mashed potatoes and brown gravy for 10.99, Beef and cheese lasagna for 26.99 a pan, and garden salad with dressing for 10.99. All of these can be delivered as well.

      Our menu has not changed. The only thing we have changed is we have removed the salad bar to eliminate human to human germ transmission.

      Thank you!!! 🙏


    The Grill House: Open for Curbside, Call 620.872.5656 to place an order.


    The Majestic Theatre: Open

    • Open



    The Rodenbeek & Green Agency: Closed

    • Business is being conducted by phone only. M-F 9-5; 620.872.5803


    The Scott County Record: Walk-in Lobby Closed

    • Newspapers are available curbside if you call ahead. 620.872.2090
    • Classified Ads may be emailed: office@screcord.com


    Tru North Cafe: Open 620.214.0984

    • Dine In & Carry Out 
    • Please call to order ahead as well 


    Turner Sheet Metal: Business As Usual  620.872.2954

    • Will be making emergency calls only for all your heating & cooling needs.
    • We will be following the safety guidance of the KDHE.


    U Pump-It: Closing at 9 pm


    VIP Center: Walk-in Center Closed 620.872.3501

    • Meals will be prepared; must call by 10 am to reserve a meal. P/U your meal on the East side of the building under the awning.


    Wheatland Broadband: Walk-in Lobby Closed 620.872.0006

    • Pay by phone: 1.844.262.2417
    • Pay online: wbsnet.org
    • Drop box: located on East side of Building


    Wheatland Electric: Walk-in Lobby Closed 620.872.5885

    • Pay by phone: 1.844.262.2417
    • Pay online: weci.net
    • Drop Box: located on North side of Building


    White's Foodliner: Open; Delivery Available M-F 8-5 620.872.5854

    • Delivery fees will be waived during this time. Must pay over the phone with a debit card and groceries will be left at the front door. 
    • #1 - New store hours (7am-8pm)
      #2 - Limit number of shoppers per family
      #3 - No more reusable bags at this time please
      #4 - suspending our "no hassle" return policy
      #5 - Continuing limits on specific products
      #6 - Elderly and high risk customers (7am-9am)
      #7 - Delivery and pick up (9am-5pm Monday-Saturday)
      #8 - Our weekly AD - we will continue our AD's and digital deals
      #9 - Food supplies and shortages - we have experienced high DEMAND and our suppliers have had a hard time keeping up. This will level off and get better.






  • Senator Jerry Moran's Office Senator Jerry Moran's Office




    Over the past week, there have been many questions about how to access federal relief for three main programs: the direct relief payments to families, unemployment insurance and U.S. Small Business Administration Loans. Please find sections below for each of these issues with frequently asked questions and answers. 

    Please feel free to forward it on to your family and friends if it would interest them.

    Direct Relief Payments to Individuals and Families


    Who is eligible for a recovery rebate?

    All U.S. residents or citizens with adjusted gross income under $75,000 ($112,500 for head of household and $150,000 married) who are not the dependent of another taxpayer and have a work-eligible Social Security Number, are eligible for the full $1,200 ($2,400 married) rebate. They are also eligible for an additional $500 per child. A typical middle-class family of four would receive $3,400 to help them meet their daily expenses.


    What about taxpayers with adjusted gross income over $75,000 ($112,500 for head of household and $150,000 married)? Are they eligible to receive any rebate?

    The rebate amount is reduced by $5 for each $100 that a taxpayer’s income exceeds the phase-out threshold. The amount is completely phased-out for single filers with incomes exceeding $99,000; $146,500 for head of household filers with one child; and $198,000 for joint filers with no children. For a typical family of four, the amount is completely phased out for those with adjusted gross incomes exceeding $218,000.


    What if my income was above the threshold in 2019, but I’ve lost my job due to COVID-19? Can I still get a rebate check?

    If your income in 2019 was in the phase-out range, you would still receive a partial rebate based on your 2019 tax return. However, the rebate is actually an advance on a tax credit that you may claim on your 2020 tax return. If your income is lower in 2020 than in 2019, any additional credit you are eligible for will be refunded or reduce your tax liability when you file your 2020 tax return next year.


    Is the rebate taxable? Will I have to pay back any amount if the rebate based on my 2019 return is larger than what it would be if based on my 2020 tax year return?

    No, the rebate is treated like other refundable tax credits, such as the child tax credit and earned income tax credit, and not considered income. If the credit amount you qualify based on 2020 income is less than what you qualify for based on your 2019 tax return, it does not have to be paid back.


    Who qualifies as a child for purposes of the rebate?
    Any child who is a qualifying child for the purposes of the Child Tax Credit is also a qualifying child for the purposes of the recovery rebate. In general, a child is any dependent of a taxpayer under the age of 17.


    Do dependents, other than children under 17, qualify a taxpayer for an additional $500 per dependent?
    No, the additional $500 per child is limited to children under 17.


    Are individuals with little to no income or those on means-tested federal benefits, such as SSI, eligible for a recovery rebate?
    Yes, there is no qualifying income requirement. Even individuals with $0 of income are eligible for a rebate so long as they are not the dependent of another taxpayer and have a work-eligible SSN.


    Are seniors whose only income is from Social Security or a veteran whose only income is a veterans’ disability payment eligible?

    Yes, as long as they are not the dependent of another taxpayer. The bill also provides IRS with additional tools to locate and provide rebates to low-income seniors who normally do not file a tax return by allowing them to base a rebate on Form SSA-1099, Social Security Benefit Statement or Form RRB-1099, which is the equivalent of the Social Security statement for Railroad Employees. However, seniors are still encouraged to file their 2019 tax return to ensure they receive their recovery rebate as quickly as possible.


    Are college students eligible for a recovery rebate?

    Only if they are not considered a dependent of their parents. Generally, a full-time college student under the age of 24 is considered a dependent if their parent(s) provide more than half of their support.


    I am eligible for a rebate, what do I have to do to receive it?
    For the vast majority of Americans, no action on their part will be required to receive a rebate check since the IRS will use a taxpayer’s 2019 tax return if filed or their 2018 return if they haven’t filed their 2019 return. This includes many individuals with very low income who file a tax return despite not owing any tax in order to take advantage of the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit.


    What should I do if I did not file a tax return for 2019 or 2018?
    The best way to ensure you receive a recovery rebate is to file a 2019 tax return if you have not already done so. This could be accomplished for free online from home using the IRS Free File program. The bill also instructs the IRS to engage in a public campaign to alert all individuals of their eligibility for the rebate and how to receive it if they have not filed either a 2019 or 2018 tax return.


    If I have a past due debt to a federal or state agency, or owe back taxes, will my rebate be reduced?
    No, the bill turns off nearly all administrative offsets that ordinarily may reduce tax refunds for individuals who have past tax debts, or who are behind on other payments to federal or state governments, including student loan payments. The only administrative offset that will be enforced applies to those who have past due child support payments that the states have reported to the Treasury Department.


    The information in this section has been prepared by Republican Finance Committee staff for informational purposes and should not be relied on for legal advice. Individuals should consult the IRS or a tax advisor to address questions related to their individual circumstances. The IRS has also compiled these FAQs for guidance on recovery payments.


    Unemployment Insurance


    Although Unemployment Insurance is a state-run program, the CARES Act provided additional federal resources for states to assist in providing unemployment benefits.

    I have been in contact with Secretary of the Kansas Department of Labor Delia Garcia regarding how Kansas is prepared to handle increased unemployment insurance claims. Please note that their call center and website are experiencing unprecedented volumes of calls and activity. Processing times may be slower than normal.


    What does the CARES Act do for unemployment insurance?

    The CARES Act creates a temporary Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Program for individuals not traditionally eligible for unemployment benefits (self-employed, independent contractors, etc…). It also expands eligibility, makes available 13 additional weeks of unemployment for those who need it and increases unemployment benefits by $600/week for the next four months.


    Where do I apply for Kansas unemployment benefits?
    Visit the Kansas Department of Labor website for information on unemployment insurance, helpful videos and more. To file an application for unemployment benefits, visit getkansasbenefits.gov. A guide to setting up your initial claim can be found here.


    Do I have to file a claim every week?
    You should file every week you are unemployed. If you skip a week it will create a break in your claim and you will need to reopen your claim to continue filing your weekly claims. You can file through your account at getkansasbenefits.gov or by calling a weekly claim line.

    When will I receive my unemployment benefit payment?
    If there are no issues on your claim, payments are normally received two to three business days after you file your weekly claim.

    For a full list of FAQ’s, please visit the Kansas Department of Labor website here.



    U.S. Small Business Administration Loans


    What does the CARES Act do for small businesses?
    The CARES Act allocated $350 billion to help small businesses keep workers employed amid the pandemic and economic downturn. Known as the Paycheck Protection Program under the SBA’s 7(a) loan program, the initiative provides 100 percent federally guaranteed loans to small businesses who maintain their payroll during this emergency. These loans may be forgiven based on a formula if borrowers maintain their payrolls during the crisis or restore their payrolls afterward.

    Am I eligible?
    You are eligible if you are a small business with fewer than 500 employees; a small business that otherwise meets the SBA’s size standard; a 501(c)(3) with fewer than 500 employees; an individual who operates as a sole proprietor; an individual who operates as an independent contractor; an individual who is self-employed who regularly carries on any trade or business; a Tribal business concern that meets the SBA size standard; a 501(c)(19) Veterans Organization that meets the SBA size standard.

    In addition, some special rules may make you eligible so if you are in the accommodation and food services sector (NAICS 72), the 500-employee rule is applied on a per physical location basis or if you are operating as a franchise or receive financial assistance from an approved Small Business Investment Company the normal affiliation rules do not apply.


    What will lenders be looking for?
    In evaluating eligibility, lenders are directed to consider whether the borrower was in operation before February 15, 2020 and had employees for whom they paid salaries and payroll taxes or paid independent contractors. Lenders will also ask you for a good faith certification that: the uncertainty of current economic conditions makes the loan request necessary to support ongoing operations; the borrower will use the loan proceeds to retain workers and maintain payroll or make mortgage, lease, and utility payments; borrower does not have an application pending for a loan duplicative of the purpose and amounts applied for here; from Feb. 15, 2020 to Dec. 31, 2020, the borrower has not received a loan duplicative of the purpose and amounts applied for here (Note: There is an opportunity to fold emergency loans made between Jan. 31, 2020 and the date this loan program becomes available into a new loan).


    If you are an independent contractor, sole proprietor, or self-employed individual, lenders will also be looking for certain documents (final requirements will be announced by the government) such as payroll tax filings, Forms 1099-MISC, and income and expenses from the sole proprietorship.


    How much can I borrow?
    Loans can be up to 2.5 times the borrower’s average monthly payroll costs, not to exceed $10 million. You can calculate your average monthly payroll costs by using this guide.


    Will this loan be forgiven?
    Borrowers are eligible for loan forgiveness equal to the amount the borrower spent on the following items during the 8-week period beginning on the date of the origination of the loan: payroll costs, interest on the mortgage obligation incurred in the ordinary course of business, rent on a leasing agreement, payments on utilities, and for borrowers with tipped employees, additional wages paid to those employees.

    To encourage employers to rehire any employees who have already been laid off due to the COVID-19 crisis, borrowers that re-hire workers previously laid off will not be penalized for having a reduced payroll at the beginning of the period.

    The forgiveness can be reduced if there is a reduction in the number of employees or a reduction of greater than 25 percent in wages paid to employees. More information on this formula can be found here.

    Does the CARES Act make any changes to the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) program?
    Yes. While expanding the eligibility of access to the EIDL program, the CARES Act establishes an Emergency Grant that allows an eligible entity who has applied for an EIDL loan due to COVID-19 to request an advance on that loan, of not more than $10,000, which the SBA must distribute within 3 days. Applicants that received this advance on the loan shall not be required to repay advance payments, even if they are subsequently denied for an EIDL loan.

    How else are small businesses assisted in the CARES Act?
    The CARES Act would also provide additional funds to the SBA’s resource partners at Small Business Development Centers, Women’s Business Centers, and the Minority Business Development Agency.  These partners provide counseling, training and education on SBA resources and business resiliency to small business owners affected by COVID-19. 

    Visit sba.gov for updates as more information about eligible lenders and additional loan guidance is released.


    The information in this section was prepared by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for informational purposes and should not be relied on for legal advice.


    Contact my office: 
    If you are a Kansas resident and you or your family needs assistance with matters related to COVID-19, please click here or call my office at 202-224-6521. If you have a have a question or comment, please click here.